Homemade Egg Noodles is simple 家常手工蛋面
This is a very basic recipes for making egg noodles at home. To some, these egg noodles are called – flat flour noodle, ban mee or pan mee, ban mian, or hakka flat noodle are all the same type of noodle. This is also the same method where pasta is made. Amazing texture and super easy to make. Try it out yourself! Also try using these noodle to make some Malaysian local favorite! Malaysian Soup Pan Mee or our infamous Spicy Chili Pan Mee.
| Serve 3 | Difficulty Easy | Prep. Time 60 Min | Cooking Time 15 Min | Total Time 75 Min |
300g of hard flour
60g of water
2 tbsp of oil
1 tsp of salt
1 nos of egg
- Prepare a clean mixing bowl.
- Put hard flour into mixing bowl.
- Make a small hole in the middle of the flour.
- Add water in the hole.
- Add oil, salt and egg.
- Begin kneading everything together for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- To check the dough, tear one small pieces of dough out and roll into a ball. Gently flatten and stretch it to observe.
- If the dough is too wet, they will stick to your hands, then add a little more flour.
- If the dough is too dry, they break apart easily, then add a little more water.
- The right consistency will not stick to your hand and also does not break apart easily.
- Once you have the right consistency, place the dough back into the mixing bowl and sprinkle more flour over the dough then cover the mixing bowl with a cling wrap or a damp cloth.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
Flatten, roll and cut
- Prepare a clean working station, a flat chopping board would do.
- Generously flour the surface and place the dough on it.
- Gently flatten the dough with your palm.
- Then begin flattening it with a rolling pin.
- Once you have reach the desired thickness, generously flour the dough sheets.
- Fold it a couple of layers.
- Use a clean knife and cut into desired wideness.
- Add more flour and gently mix them up.
- Now you have egg noodle.
- Blanch the egg noodle with boiling water.
- The duration of boiling depends on the thickness and width of the noodle.
- Generally, 30 seconds should be enough to cook the noodles.
- Pair the noodles with your desired sauces or simply stir fry it.
- Hard flour is high protein flour, also commonly known as strong flour or bread flour.
- Check with your local pastry supplier to find out if the flour is high protein, medium or low protein owing to most flour mill processor (well, in my country, they are called by the brands, Blue Key – high protein, Anchor – high protein, Rose – low protein, etc) does not label the type of the flour.
- Otherwise, you can also use all purpose flour to make these egg noodles. All purpose flour is medium protein content.
I am sorry that this post was not helpful for you!
Help me improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?