Is Colorful Fruity Boba Pearls the next Unicorn Boba Pearls beverage?
Colorful and Fruity Boba Pearls could be the next Unicorn Boba Pearl Beverage!
Previously I did a video on how to make tapioca boba pearls at home and some have been telling me that their dough end up becoming too stick and could not work on the dough to roll them. So just recently I’ve got some extra time and thought that I should improve the recipe to make it failsafe, so anyone can make it at home with ease. Perhaps adding some cheese foam to it would be great too! (Cheese Tea Recipe here)
And this time, even better, I am sharing the recipe for boba pearls that are made with fresh fruits!
Ingredients for Boba Pearls
- 1 cup+/- Fresh Fruits of your choice
- 1 cup of Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Hot Water
- 1/2 cup of Tapioca Flour
Procedure –Making the dough
- Remove the skin of the fruit if any.
- Chop fruits into tiny pieces or blend them into puree.
- Into a pot, add chopped fruits, 1 cup of tapioca flour, sugar and hot water.
- Cook them over lowest heat. As you cook them, stir consistently to mix and prevent bottom from burning.
- Cook until it comes together and form a stick dough.
- Turn of the heat.
- Add another 1/2 cup of tapioca flour and fold the flour into the dough.
- Once the flour are folded in, generously flour a clean working surface as well as your hands. Transfer the dough onto the floured surface.
- Roll the dough into an elongated shape and cut them into several smaller pieces.
- Then roll the smaller dough into a smaller roll about the diameter of a chopstick.
- Then cut the at about 1 cm in length and roll them into round shape.
- Transfer the round uncooked boba pearls into a container and flour them again to prevent them from sticking to one another.
Procedure – Cooking the Boba Pearls
- With a pot, add enough of water to boil the uncooked boba pearls.
- Only add the uncooked boba pearls when the water are at boiling point.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- After that, transfer the cooked boba pearls into ice water to stop the cooking and set aside.
Braising the Boba Pearls – Ingredients
- 2 cups+/- Fresh Fruits of your choice (chopped or puree)
- 3/4 cups of Sugar (reduce or add sugar, if preferred)
- 1 cups of Hot Water
- Into a pot, add chopped fresh fruits, sugar and hot water.
- Bring it to a boil, add boba pearls in.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- You should achieve a thick gooey jam like consistency.
- Sweet Potatoes Boba Pearls with Coconut Milk – Similar to bubur cha cha.
- Red Dragon Fruit Boba Pearl with Fresh Milk
- Kiwi Boba Pearl with Oolong Tea
The possibility to mix and match is limitless. Think of traditional dessert, it might be able to turn it into a boba beverage!