Suppose to be Yu Xiang Shredded Pork, but I like it strips!
Here is another way of how the Sichuanese would use their Yu Xiang Sauce, braising it with shredded pork but I prefer larger chunk of meat, so I made this recipe with pork strips instead! Believe it or not, same sauce but different flavor in contrast to the Yu Xiang Eggplant Recipe. Check it out below to find out the differences in ingredient usage!
| Serve 2 | Difficulty Medium | Prep. Time 15 Min | Cooking Time 30 Min | Total Time 45 Min |
300g of pork loin
150g of bamboo shoots
100g of red chili
2 tbsp of Sichuan Yu Xiang Sauce (Learn how to cook this sauce here)
1 tbsp of soy sauce
3 tbsp of cooking oil
400ml of water
thickening agent (potato flour, corn flour, etc)
chopped spring onion for garnish
- Cut pork loin into strips of 1/2 inches (w) X 1/2 inches (h).
- Cut bamboo shoots into thin julienne and soak in a bowl of water.
- De-seed red chili and cut into thin julienne.
- Chop spring onion and set aside in a bowl.
- To blanch the bamboo shoots, add 400ml of water into cooking pan/pot and add bamboo shoots into water.
- Boil bamboo shoots for approximately 1 minute. Strain blanched bamboo shoots and set aside.
- Preheat pan with cooking oil.
- At high heat, add pork strips into pan and sear to nice brown edges.
- Move seared pork strips to the side of the pan.
- Add Yu Xiang sauce and julienne chili to the middle of the pan.
- Thoroughly fry them before mixing the seared pork strips to fry along.
- Add soy sauce.
- Add 400ml of water.
- Add blanched bamboo shoots.
- Bring to a boil and let it braise as you reduce it.
- Reduce until it begin to thicken.
- At high heat, lightly add some thickening agent and keep stirring to evenly distribute the thickening agent.
- Remove from heat and plate.
- Sprinkle spring onion in a heap and serve.
- The original Sichuan Yu Xiang Pork Strips are thin strips, but I personally prefer a large piece of meat. So I cut it into large strips.
- Whenever you are incorporating thickening agent to any liquid, make sure to incorporate at high heat and keep mixing/whisking/stirring to evenly distribute the thickening agent and high heat ensure the thickening agent cook perfectly.
I am sorry that this post was not helpful for you!
Help me improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?