Golden Fried Rice + Yangzhou Fried Rice = The Best Comfort Food
Yangzhou Fried Rice is one of the most common and simplest fried rice you will mostly find in most Chinese restaurant. The basic ingredients are plain white rice, char siew or any sort of barbecue meat, green peas or chopped scallion and red carrot. However to bring this dish to the next level, I’ve incorporated golden fried rice in Yangzhou fried rice, the result is fluffy and eggy-aromatic fried rice. Here it is guys, check it out! (Also check out the basic to fried rice here)
Lead Time : 20 minutes
- 1.5 bowl of Plain White Rice
- 2 nos of Egg
- 100g of Char Siew or Barbecue Meat
- 50g of Red Carrot
- 3 pcs of Peeled Shrimp
- 2 stalk of Scallion
- 4 tbsp of Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Soy Sauce
- 1 sprinkle of White Pepper Powder
- Cut char siew and red carrot into cubes and keep them separately.
- To preseason your wok for a non stick surface, preheat with cooking oil. Then remove the hot oil and add 2 tbsp of cold oil.
- To cook golden fried rice, switch heat to medium and add rice. Thoroughly stir fry the rice to allow the oil to coat the rice.
- Add egg and stir to mix to allow the egg to coat the rice. As you mix, press and spread the rice to break off any rice lump.
- Once rice are well individually separated, transfer to a container.
- Add 2 tbsp of cooking oil and add an egg. Scramble it.
- Then add char siew cubes and then add the golden fried rice back in. Thoroughly mix them.
- Then add red carrot and thoroughly stir fry.
- Season with salt, soy sauce and white pepper powder. Continue stir frying until rice grain begin to jump around the wok.
- Add chopped scallion and thoroughly stir fry to mix them.
- Transfer to a plate and in a heap sprinkle more chopped scallion.