Zhajiang Mian – Fried Sauce Noodles
Zhajiang Mian, literally translated as “fried sauce noodles” rose to frame from Beijing. If you ever visited Beijing, you will definitely see this noodle dish almost everywhere on the streets. Zhajiang sauce is made usually with pork or beef with salty fermented soybean paste. It is literally one of the best comfort food in Beijing!
Lead Time : 45 minutes
Ingredients – Zhajiang Sauce
- 1 slab of Pork Belly (400g – 600g)
- 1 tbsp of Chopped Garlic
- 2 tbsp of Taucu (Fermented Bean Paste)
- 2 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp of Sugar
- 2 tbsp of Cooking Oil
- 1 cup of Water
- Cut pork belly into small cubes.
- Preheat pan with cooking oil and add pork belly cubes.
- Fry pork belly until the fats begin to emulsify then add in chopped garlic.
- Thoroughly stir fry to cook away the rawness of the garlic.
- Then add hoisin sauce and tauce and thoroughly stir fry to mix.
- Then add water.
- Bring to a boil then reduce until slightly thickens.
- Remove Zhajiang Sauce from pan into a container.
- Wheat Noodles
- Julienne Carrot
- Julienne Cucumber
- Edamame (Optional)