Fail Safe Jiggly Steamed Egg!
When I was a kid, my parents has always make me steam eggs. Sometimes it is steamed nice and perfect, jiggly and smooth. Sometimes they are rough and completely dry. So I did my homework to find out what cause that and how do we make the best steam egg that is smooth and melt in your mouth. Check this out for a fail safe steam egg technique!
- 4 nos of eggs
- Water – equal part to the eggs
- Salt to taste
- Crack egg into a mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly whisk it and then add salt.
- Continue to whisk until all the salt has dissolves.
- Bring your steamer to a full boil then reduce the a simmer.
- Plate a flat-bottom deep plate into the steamer.
- Then use a strainer and pour the eggs in as you sieve away the bubbles.
- Cover and leave a gap for excessive steam to escape.
- Steam for 6 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and remove steamed eggs from steamer.
- Serve with sauces or condiments of your choice
- Never steam your egg in a full boil, that would cause eggs to overcook.
- Use fine mesh strainer to better remove the bubbles. Bubbles will cause uneven surface after the eggs is cooked.