Red Colored Salad Prawn?
Malaysian Salad Prawn is one of the most common dishes especially when we are having dim sum. It is not one of the delicate dim sum dish but it is more of a comfort food dim sum dish. I have slightly twisted this dish, so there is more western style into it – more tangy, zesty and more interesting! Check it out how I made it red!
Lead Time : 30 minutes
- 300g of Shrimp
- 1 tsp of Sugar
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1 nos of Egg
- 1 tbsp of Rice Flour
- 1/2 tbsp of Potato Flour
- 1/4 pcs of Red Dragon Fruit
- 2 pcs of Tangerine
- 1 pcs of Iceberg Lettuce (Optional)
- 1 stalk of Coriander
- Peel the shell of shrimp, rinse with water and pat dry. Marinate deshell shrimp with sugar and salt for 30 minutes. After marinate, add egg white and mix. Then add in rice flour and potato flour and mix well. Preheat frying oil to medium heat and deep fry shrimp for 3 minutes.
- Cut red dragon fruit into cubes.
- Peel tangerine and gently separate the tangerine’s flesh into individual pieces.
- Peel 1 pieces of Iceberg lettuce, wash and rinse. Cut the excessive parts of the lettuce to form a round bowl shape.
- Make sure coriander is dry. Gently fold the coriander leaves and slice only the leaves part thinly.
Mayo Salad Sauce
- 3 tbsp of Mayonnaise
- 1/2 pcs of Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1 tbsp of Honey
- With a mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and honey. Mix until salt dissolve.
- With the same mixing bowl of Mayo Salad Sauce, add fried shrimp, red dragon fruit cubes, tangerine flesh and a pinch of sliced coriander, use a spoon/spatula and mix them well.
- Place iceberg lettuce on a bowl or plate and then transfer Red Mayo Salad Prawn into the lettuce.
- If you like it zesty and sourish, squeeze the remaining lemon juice in and serve.
- Always slice fresh herbs on a dry chopping board and with a sharp knife. Otherwise, they will loses their fragrance juice on the chopping board.
- The red pigmentation from Red Dragon Fruit that gives the red coloration to the mayo sauce.