This recipe is usually cooked with casserole. Traditionally, in China it is called Casserole Chicken 砂锅鸡. But not everyone has the luxury of getting-everything-you-want in their kitchen, so I have slightly simplified the recipe and make it possible with a pan or a wok, so everyone can cook it at home!
Lead Time : 25 minutes (15 minutes preparations)
1/2 chicken (chopped)
1 Green capsicum
1 Red capsicum
1/2 head of broccoli
1 tbs Soy Sauce
2 tsp Spice Bake Mix
- Clean the chicken and chop the chicken into bite size if it isn’t chopped. (Get your local poultry seller to chop into pieces for easier work)
- Season chopped chicken with salt and put aside.
- Cut tomatoes, onion, red capsicum, green capsicum and broccoli into bite size.
- Bring 500ml water to boil.
- Blanch capsicum and broccoli separately.
- Strain and put them aside.
- Preheat a pan with cooking oil.
- Add in chopped chicken.
- Switch to medium heat and shallow fry chicken to brown crispy edges.
- Remove chicken from pan and put aside.
- Over high heat, add in onion and roughly stir fry.
- Add in tomatoes and then pour in soy sauce around the pan for aromatic.
- Add fried chicken into the pan and roughly stir the mixture.
- Add in broccoli and capsicum.
- Add in spice bake mix evenly around the mixture.
- Over high heat, keep stirring with your spatula and make sure the bottom are not burned.
- Stir until dry.
- Remove from heat and serve on a plate.
Stir frying is a fast pace cooking technique, it is necessary to make sure all the food are well cooked.
Hence some ingredient would require step to ensure the final product are all well cooked.