I’ve come across this lettuce wrap recipe when I was at Guangzhou and totally fallen in love with it! The freshness of the lettuce sort of offset the overwhelming flavors of the stir fry diced pork & green beans, making them one of the best appetizer you could make to awe your friends!
Lead Time : 30 minutes
- 1 head of Lettuce – Iceberg Lettuce, romaine, etc. any sort of large leaf lettuce
- 100g of Garlic
- 300g of Pork Belly (skin removed)
- 200g of Green Beans
- 100g of Green Capsicum
- 100g of Red Capsicum
- 100g of Carrot
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp of Allspice
- 2 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp of Cooking Oil
- Clean lettuce with water and gently open the leaf as whole pieces and set aside.
- Peel garlic and finely chop.
- Remove pork belly skin and diced pork belly into uniform cube pieces.
- For green beans, red & green capsicum and carrot, clean and diced them into uniform cube pieces.
- Prepare the other ingredient accordingly.
- Bring approximately 1 liters of water to boil with a tbsp of salt.
- Blanch green beans, red & green capsicum and carrot for 30 seconds. Strain and set aside.
- Preheat pan/wok with cooking oil.
- Add diced pork belly in and shallow fry to golden.
- Add chopped garlic and fry garlic to golden alongside diced pork belly.
- Add blanched green beans, red & green capsicum and carrot in. Thoroughly stir fry.
- Season with salt, soy sauce, allspice and oyster sauce.
- Stir fry over high heat for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and serve.