Fail Safe “Claypot” Chicken Rice Recipe with Rice Cooker
Do you know we can actually cook Claypot Chicken Rice at home without using a claypot? The answer is yes, you can. Instead of buying a claypot to cooking the rice with the claypot, not knowing how to control the temperature of cooking with a claypot, under-cooked rice, burned rice and the list goes on. Worry not! Simply use your rice cooker, you could actually mimic the similar process of claypot chicken rice with a rice cooker! Here is how you do it!
Lead Time : 45 minutes
- 1 pcs of Whole Chicken Leg
- 1 inches knob of Ginger
- 5 clove of Garlic
- 4 clove of Shallot
- 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp of Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp of Thick Soy Sauce (Dark Soy Sauce)
- 2 tbsp of Shao Xing Wine
- 1 cup of Rice
- Clean and chop chicken into bite size.
- Peel and finely chop ginger, garlic and shallot together. Or simply use a blender or food processor.
- Add a pinch of salt into blended ginger, garlic and shallot. Thoroughly mix the salt in.
- Use your hand and squeeze the juice from blended ginger, garlic and shallot. Put aside the ginger, garlic and shallot.
- Add oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, thick soy sauce and shao xing wine into the juice and mix well.
- Add chopped chicken into marinate and let marinate in the refrigerator until the rice is cooked.
- Fry the squeezed ginger, garlic and shallot to golden. Strain and leave aside.
- Rinse rice with tap water and add water in accordance to the package’s instruction. (See tips below on how to cook rice)
- Cook the rice with the rice cook on regular setting.
- Once the rice is cooked, place marinated chicken on top of the cooked rice and pour 5 tbsp of the marinate in to cooked rice.
- Set rice cooker to regular cooking and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a heap, add fried ginger, garlic and shallot on top. Keep covered and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove rice from rice cooker and serve.
- Different type of rice will require different measurement of water. However the general rule of thumb for cooking rice is 1 portion of rice with 1 portion of water.