Chicken Meat as Pizza Crust? Here is how
Out of the blue, I came up with this idea and thought why not make pizza crust with chicken meat? And without any detail planning I just went ahead to the market next morning and buy whatever ingredients that I thought that would make it happen, and it did happen! Here is how I did it!
Lead Time : 75 minutes
Ingredients – Chicken Crust
- 3 pcs of Boneless Whole Chicken Leg
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 tsp of paprika powder
- A heap of Black Pepper
- 2 nos of Egg
- Get the butcher to remove the chicken’s bones for you.
- Place the boneless chicken, skin side down on a chopping board, place a generous piece of cling wrap over it. Use a rolling pin or meat pounder to flatten the chicken.
- Marinate the chicken with salt, paprika powder, black pepper and 1 nos of egg.
- Grease a round shaped baking tray.
- Place the flattened boneless chicken, skin side down, in the greased baking tray while trying to form a round-pizza-like-shape.
- Place another slightly smaller round tray on top of the chicken.
- Add water into the smaller round tray to weigh down the chicken.
- Bake the chicken in a preheated oven at 230°C for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven.
- Gently twist the top round tray and lift it up to remove it.
- Strain the chicken broth into another container.
- Add 1 nos of egg into the chicken broth. Whisk the egg and pour the egg back into the chicken, filling all the cracked gap.
- Back into the oven at 230°C for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add toppings.
You can add any sort of sauces – tomato sauce, cream sauce, pesto sauce, anything you like and also any fillings – onion, mushroom, pepperoni, ham, chicken, lamb, beef, etc and top it up with cheese, basil leave, olives, etc. Basically, here is the structure for a pizza;
- Pizza crust – here we will be using ChicZza Crust (Chicken crust)
- Sauce – Tomato sauce, cream sauce, pesto, you name it. In my video, I’ve used tomato sauce.
- Fillings – It could be mushroom, capsicum, olives, beef, ham, smoked meat, basil leaves, etc. I’ve used green capsicum and shiitake mushroom.
- Toppings – The usual topping is cheese – Parmesan cheese, feta cheese, mozzarella, cheddar. I happen to have extra Parmesan cheese powder in my fridge, so I just use them.